Hi Everybody! I am a total slacker. It has been an absolutely crazy past couple months. So much so, that I feel the need to bullet point this post. Pictures to follow in my next post.
1) Amelia turned ONE YEAR OLD! We had a wonderful birthday party for her at Grandparents Z's home in Elgin. Family and friends and presents galore! I still haven't managed to send Amelia's thank you cards, but am hoping to do so in the next month. In the meantime, THANK YOU!
2) We bought a house! Finally. Many of you know that we started our search all the way back in February. It's been a long road with a few broken contracts along the way. We are happy with our final purchase located in Itasca, IL. It is a great location for me work-wise, and the Metra train is less than a five minutes away for Kevin.
3) Amelia is such a little girl now. Wow, do we love her more and more everyday. Especially as we begin to see personality form. She is very particular, she wants things when, where, and how she wants them. Just like her mama! She is so smart. We can be in the front room and I can say, "Amelia, go to your room and bring back a book for me to read to you". Off she walks, returning with a book she plucked off her bookshelf for me to read. She is a really good walker now and loves the independence that comes with it. The only milestone I feel she's behind on is talking. She still doesn't call me "mama" or Kevin "dada". She can mimic "uh oh" and say "waddat?", but that's about it. She can definitely understand what you are saying though, so I won't worry too much yet.
4) We all had our first bout of stomach flu. I obviously won't go into details, but it was by far the worst experience (outside of post-delivery of Amelia) I have ever had. Ever. Amelia handled it great, she would puke and then just start playing again. Kevin and I, not so much. Viruses definitely affect kids and adults differently.
5) At Amelia's 12 month appointment, her stats were the following: Weight - 20lbs, 4 oz (55th percentile), Length - 29 1/4 inches (60th percentile), Head Circumference - 17 3/4 inches (50-55th pecentile). Overall a really good appointment. She is very slightly anemic so we have to give her a vitamin with an iron supplement.
6) Amelia started taking the bottle from Kevin and I at 11 1/2 months, right around 4th of July. It was SUCH a relief.
No comments:
Post a Comment