Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Status Check

Michelle Update:

Mom is doing SO much better!  I'd say I'm about 90% back to normal.  I will know I'm 100% when I can walk with Freddie to the dog park without feeling pain.  I'm in no type of rhythm or routine with Amelia yet, but I don't have very high expectations since she isn't even two weeks old yet.  So far, the hardest thing for me has been trying to set some time aside for myself.  It is such a process to even find time to shower, let alone actually doing my hair or make-up, or leaving the house to run an errand.  One day at a time.....

Kevin Update:
Kevin went back to work on Monday.  It's hard for him to leave his little girl, but he receives a lot of pictures and updates throughout the day.  Taking care of Amelia at night is definitely a challenge (especially when she wakes up 6 times in 6 hours!), so he's getting up with her at least one or two times a night now to help me.  We'll see how long he can last since he's also working a full day at work, but I sure appreciate the help! 

Freddie Update:

Freddie is slowly getting used to his little sister.  He is very careful around her and will sniff her from time to time, but he knows she is special and he better not press his luck.  He is mostly just jealous. Whenever he can, Freddie will sleep on my feet or in between my legs when I'm holding her or he'll sleep on Kevin's chest or beside him.  Freddie has been acting out a little though, he keeps ripping the bathroom trash apart, jumped on the bed in the third bedroom and POOPED on it, and today ate an entire bowl of honeydew that Aunt Mara brought for us! 

Amelia Update:

Amelia has been eating like a champ, which means lots of dirty diapers!  She has her two week appointment on Friday, and I am guessing that she will surpass her birth weight and come in at 8lbs 4 ozs.  Grandma Z came in on Monday and Tuesday to help out again, and discovered that Amelia loves to be held, rocked, and walked.  I hadn't really been able to do that much since I was immobile for so long, so it's nice to have new ways to soothe her.  She already has her baby acne coming in (geez, she's looking more and more like mom everyday!) and her umbilical cord is almost completely healed.  More to come after her appointment on Friday, but so far so good!

Some quick thank you's:

Thanks to Sharon, Mara, and Kristi for visiting and bringing food!
Thanks to Dave and Kyle for the food and animal books!
Thanks to Gina and Sheila for bringing food and cute little outfits for Amelia!
Thanks to Lauren for the clothes, shoes, socks, and book!
Thanks to Charlene and Steve for the adorable clothes and drinks!
Thanks to Aunt Lorraine and Uncle Kenny for the start of Amelia's college fund!


Here are some more pictures from the last few days.  Lots of visitors for Amelia!

Amelia can really hold her head up already!

Auntie Kyle

Family Nap Time :)

Auntie Lauren

Auntie Kristi
Grandpa Z!

Freddie wants in the picture too

Aunt Kris

Uncle Gary

Her hair is like a grandpa's


Auntie Gina and Auntie Sheila stopping by after a hard day's work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment