Amelia attended Bottle Boot Camp last Wednesday through Friday, hosted by Aunt Mara. I must say, I had a
lot of anxiety built up, but all ended up being just fine. Amelia did great starting with the very first day. Mara was able to get her to take down all of the milk I brought and even had to come back to Sharon and Dave's early because she ran out! We have realized she is more of a snacker, usually only taking 1/2 ounce to 1 ounce at a time. Kevin and I have continued working with her on the bottle through the weekend and it's going great. She is taking the bottle from Kevin in the middle of the night and from both of us during the day. I wouldn't say she is eating at much as she should per feeding, but at least she is preventing herself from starving. Mara did a fabulous job with her and was just what the doctor ordered (literally). We'll see if I need repay the favor (or really any favor) when her baby comes next March.
While Amelia was with her Aunt Mara, I was able to spend one-on-one time with Vivian. We had so much fun as you'll see in the below pictures. I already miss her and can't say I didn't get a little teary-eyed leaving her on Friday when BBC ended.
 |
| Day 1 - Amelia is wondering what all the bottles are for, and what her Aunt Mara is up to! |
 |
| Vivian at the library |
 |
| Vivian checking out the turtle with Grandma Z |
 |
| Viv doing everything but reading books at the library |
 |
| What does Vivian think of feeding the ducks??? |
 |
| Not too sure about those ducks....... |
 |
| She did warm up to all the ducks, geese, and birds quickly! |
 |
Vivian decided the phone call was for Amelia
|
Some serious sucking going on here.
 |
Day 3 - Success! No milk left in that bottle! Hooray!!
 |
| Dad working that bottle |
 |
| Mom proud of her little girl |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment