Saturday, October 22, 2011

Top 5 Things

Top 5 Things to NOT say to the parent of a fussy baby.  This is not aimed at anybody!  It is only supposed to be a funny post.

5.  Is Amelia still fussy?  Yes.  She is.  Stop asking.

4.  Is it colic??  What difference does it make?  There isn't a cure for it and there is nothing to be done for it.  I don't care what you call it - my baby is fussy. 

3.  My child "insert something awesome your child has done".  Why do you want to rub in my face how quickly your child slept through the night, or how quickly he/she was already sitting up.  Guess what - I don't care.  I just want my baby to stop crying 24/7.

2.  Have you tried "insert something you think may help to make my child not cry"?  This is actually extremely insulting to me as a mother.  Of course I've tried it - in 3 months, I've tried everything.  So yes, I've tried the swing, tried driving her around in the car, tried putting her on her stomach, tried the noise machine, tried changing my diet, tried holding her in different positions, tried homeopathic remedies, tried swaddling, tried everything. 

1.  It will get better.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!  This one is the worst.  Everytime somebody says this to me I want to pull my hair out.  It has not gotten better in three months and everytime I hear this sentence, seems to get worse.  Stop jinxing me! 

So you wonder, what would I like to hear?  Just a "that sucks" or a "I am so sorry she's been a hard baby" will suffice.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment